Using the quay and cargo collection area
Instructions for using the quay and cargo collection area in the Port of Kalajoki
- As a rule, the quay area and cargo collection area on all quays must always be empty 25 metres from the edge of the quay, unless Kalajoen Satama Oy has granted special permission to use this area.
- The collection of timber is allowed on Quay 3 in front of Warehouses 4 and 6 in the collection areas 25 metres from the edge of the quay (see picture) marked in green on the map.
- On Quay 2 in front of Warehouse 3 and Port Office 20, in the areas 25 metres from the edge of the quay (marked in yellow on the map), cargoes are allowed 24 hours before loading and 24 hours after unloading, unless they interfere with other traffic.
- On Quay 1 in front of Warehouse 1, in the area 1.2 metres from the edge of the quay (marked in yellow on the map), cargoes are allowed 24 hours before loading and 24 hours after unloading, unless they interfere with other traffic.
- Cargoes on the quay and in collection areas are always the responsibility of the operator (incl. problems such as dust, etc.). This applies to the entire length of Quays 1, 2 and 3 and the seaward end of the office. If the collected goods cause danger or other issues, Kalajoen Satama Oy will instruct the operator to move them. Such movements of goods are performed at the operator’s own expense.
- In all circumstances, a safety zone of 1.2 metres from the edge of the quay, designated for mooring purposes, must always be respected throughout the quay area, as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- If you wish to use the quay as a storage area, for example for raw timber, you must request a separate permit for it. A permit will be granted if the traffic situation allows it. Please ask for a permit directly from Port Service.
Don’t forget to submit a traffic notification to Port Service in good time
The use of quay and cargo collection areas requires appropriate traffic notifications to Port Service. Operators are always required to submit their ship lists on Mondays and Thursdays to Port Service at portservice(at)portofkalajoki.fi. If needed, ship lists can also be submitted more frequently. Longer-term traffic (tbn/month XX) shall also be reported on the list. If the appropriate notifications of traffic have not been made to Port Service, we cannot guarantee that the first arrivals will be the first to be allowed in the quay and collection area.
Please make sure to send all messages concerning the operational activities of the port only to the Port Service on-call address at portservice(at)portofkalajoki.fi. Messages sent to other addresses will not be accepted.
Tel. +358 400 798 698